People often make mistakes made on their Facebook pages or in Social Media Marketing when trying to get their business into the marketplace. Follow this simple advice from Social Bakers.
1. Post too many times a day on Facebook
The recommended number of posts for brands is about 1 – 2 posts per day, for media companies, this can be 5 – 10 posts on a daily basis. Another thing is if you post too often on your Facebook page – meaning 5 minutes from each other.
2. Not engaging with people in comments
Marketers often forget that you actually have to engage with your fans and respond fans – make sure you do reply people when they have questions, even if they are stupid questions.
3. Arguing with your fans
Worst thing is to argue with your fans, if you have an angry fan, make sure he cools down, but do make sure to politically reply.
4. Delete negative comments Even if you get super angry, never delete negative comments. Never.
5. Running competitions against the Facebook rules + applicable laws Many companies still actually announce winners, contact them over Facebook, don’t have the proper Terms and conditions, don’t have a data policy and are still storing your details. This is something that is a very common mistake.
6. Posting one type of content Just one type of content – say photos, is typically OK, but make sure that you also post diverse types of content, that is extremely important.
7. Not using applications / tabs
The best thing about Facebook is you can create a campaign that will drive and boost your community. So why not create those competitions, campaigns?
8. Not responding to your fans
Not responding to your fans in social media, and also responding slow in a crisis, is a mistake. If there is a crisis, your business is affected by, people will be looking out for your support in social media. Make sure that you not only respond, but that you do it fast!
9. Sending your fans to your site
Only sending fans to your site is not the best way of keeping your community really active and sharing. Communities love videos and pictures, but if you just send them links to your page only, that won’t do the trick (unless it’s really relevant content), but always make sure to mix the content.
10. Not using Facebook landing tabs
Landing tabs are a very important part of your Facebook page, we have proven that using them makes your page grow over 40% faster, and in recent numbers, even more! Make sure you have them!